Monday, December 14, 2015

Orange Oatmeal for Wintry Mornings

 I got inspired by my Italian mandarin-infused honey when I started to add it to my oatmeal over the weekend...Wait! ORANGE OATMEAL?!  Oh yes... Oh yum...

 
 
I love mixing tart and sweet. This is my new favorite way to make oatmeal for these cold mornings where I can't have a cold smoothie first thing. 
 
Oatmeal + Orange Zest (more than you think but do it to taste) + One Whole (peeled, of course, post-zesting) Orange Chopped Up.  I added a little of my Orange Honey + a little Maple Syrup + MY NEW FAVORITE ALMOND MILK + toasted nuts (if you like nuts in your oatmeal -- I used almonds, pecans and sprouted pumpkin seeds). 
 
Califia has been my go to Almond Milk of choice for a couple years now. I always get the Unsweetened Original but oh my god you've got to be kidding me!  If you like Almond Milk, run, do not walk, to get this Califia Toasted Coconut Almond Milk (a lovely toasty fusion of Coconut and Almond Milk).  It is seriously delicious in coffee too.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment