Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Superheroes Fight Superbugs



My friend Gina recently told me the story of taking a Christmas cruise and being the only one in her party of 20 that did not succumb to the flu spreading through the ship. She took regular doses of Boiron Oscillococcinum Homeopathic Flu Medicine and drank Airborne instead of champagne at all her meals. This magical combo consistently has kept her healthy through flu seasons for years.

I had to confess that while both of those remedies used to work for me, they no longer do.   It appears that I get the flu once a year around this time of year. I'll never forget moving last year while hacking and running a fever.  Good times.

Well now I have something that will forever be on hand, particularly since it is most effective when taken at the onset of symptoms: Host Defense My Community

On New Year's Day when I umped onto my big bed with two friends who had spent the night on New Year's Eve and we were laughing hysterically, I suddenly got a sharp pain in my throat. That doesn't seem right, does it?  Sickness arrived at the peak of my joy!

It got worse over the course of the next couple days and started to move into my lungs on Sunday.  Luckily I had a conversation with a friend who is a doctor who commanded me to go out and get Host Defense My Community and start it right away.  I dutifully followed his orders as I was about to start my work week and couldn't afford to be sick. It immediately stopped the progress and as of 72 hours later my symptoms are gone.

I get that isn't a miraculous story, although it should be noted that this thing that's going around is taking people out for several days to 2 or 3 weeks, so I feel profoundly lucky. The miracle is that my friend started getting symptoms yesterday afternoon. I insisted she go out immediately and get it.  She was completely symptom free after taking a dose and having a good night's rest.  

So if you catch it late, give this a shot. As the doctor said, "It will at least shorten the duration of the illness."  And it absolutely did for me.

If you aren't sick and you like to have things like this on hand -- as every Superhero should -- in the event that a dose of cold & flu kryptonite tries to grab you by the throat and lung, get some of this.  My friend and I got ours at Whole Foods but you can get it many places online as well.

Here's to flying high all winter with healthy bodies and hearts!


No comments:

Post a Comment